Due to company growth and expansion, we are now seeking to recruit a Transport & Logistics Operational Coordinator to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a fast-paced and friendly environment.
The growth prospects both within the role and within the business are extensive.
Role: Transport & Logistics Operational Coordinator
Reporting to the Fleet Manager and Managing Director the role will involve:
- Responsibility for all transport and logistics planning – setting a weekly schedule for all delivery and collection of cabins from sites – a clear commercial rationale for this schedule whilst being cognisant of the legal requirements re taco graph etc.
- Service delivery to customers – Constant liaising with truck drivers, third party hauliers, fleet manager and Health & Safety officer in order to coordinate all logistics whilst balancing employee capacity with customer requirements and expectations.
- Understand truck requirements with full responsibility for managing servicing, DOE tests on trucks and trailers, wide load permits, digi-card downloads, annual crane testing and all other compliance measures.
- Responsibility for procurement – the ordering of parts and supplies, keeping stock levels to an optimum level and liaising with operations/works supervisor so that all stock required is ordered in a timely fashion and is secured, recorded and updated on the system.
- Carry out any ad hoc duties where required.
The ideal candidate will come from a transport and logistics management background and the role would suit a candidate who has worked in a team coordination position previously.
Previous experience within the property hire industry and/or qualification as an Appointed Person is highly advantageous but not a prerequisite.
You must be well organised and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work very well within a team and show excellent communication skills building relationships both in the team and externally.
Salary: starting salary – c. €40K plus bonus and benefits. Negotiable depending on relevant experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org